So… It’s 2013. Yep, the new year has officially begun. Like so many people out there I am very contemplative and toying with ideas or goals for this year. I hate the word resolution because, well, let’s face it. Resolutions, as far as New Year’s resolutions go, are basically code for impending failure. Perhaps I’ll call these contemplative goals edicts. Edicts for my new year (and ideally the rest of my life). Has a better, loftier ring to it, don’t ya think?
Kelly’s Edicts for 2013 and Beyond
- Cook more often
- Eat healthier/in moderation
- Do some sort of physical activity Monday-Friday
- Take up yoga
- Write daily in some form (blog, journal, short story, essay, etc).
- Maintain a positive outlook
- Give people the benefit of the doubt
- Call at least one family member or friend a day just to talk
- Take a chance and let someone in (aka dating)
- Let go of past hurts. The past is the past after all.
- Get my lovebird tattoo
- Be a better housekeeper
All right. I think that is more than a good enough list to try and live up to.